Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paradigm Detox Day 2

Tuesday Dec 3 2013
MMNW: 181.5 lbs, 21.5% bodyfat - down 3.7 lbs and 0.7% bf from yesterday
pre-workout: breakfast smoothie
AM workout: Strength training and yoga
AM Snack: 1 banana
Breakfast smoothie: banana, apple, spinach, frozen (peaches, canteloupe, blueberries), OJ, water
Lunch:Big Salad - kale, rasins, black beans, carrots, avo dressing
Dinner: steamer with broccoli and carrots, baked sweet potato, dates and pineapple
PM Workout: meeting with the guys at a bar. I did not eat or drink.
Snack: Chobani greek yogurt, black cherry flavor

So much of what you eat when traveling is high in sodium. All of these high fat and high carb traditional thanksgiving day eats are high in sodium. Stress obtained from being on the road for 4 nights makes you retain water, just like high sodium intake.  So I kind of expected to drop about 3 or 4 pounds overnight the first night. It's just the water and hydration that I got in yesterday's smoothie flushing out all of that retained stuff from the road trip. And the destressing of getting back home and getting back to the office all all the normal stuff. I'm sure the run helped too.

Avocado dressing - Dr Dave does this every day apparently.  Scoop out a whole avocado into a bowl and mush it up with lemon juice and some soy sauce. I filled the lunch bowl with kale, and added some salt and the juice from half a lemon, then massaged my kale to soften it up. It happened much faster than I thought it would. Used the other half of the lemon to juice the dressing, then dumped the entire dressing on top of the kale. Added carrots, a couple of mushrooms, some rasins, and black beans and lunch was made. And that big-ass salad was incredible. I had low expectations, but that was really good. I thought a whole avacado was going to be too much fat, but it was just delish. We'll see on the scale tomorrow if it worked or not.

The Chobani - yogurt in any form is not on the paradigm diet. I just bought a big box of these things from Costco before the holiday and still have about 6 of them left in the fridge. Tonight we had a dad's meeting with Bigun's Indian Princess tribe. I wanted to hit the swim practice before the meeting, but dinner wasn't ready in time. We also had Kelley's half-sister come stay with us tonight, so that was a pleasant surprise. Dinner was late, but incredible. This giant plate of steaming veggies. a.maz.ing. By the time I finished and got to the meeting I didn't want to eat anything else. it was great to hang with the guys, but bars aren't known for their vegan fare, and by the time I got home I was kind of hungry again. So I went for it. We'll see what happens.

Overall, this was a strange day. I felt good the whole day, but the second day of a diet isn't new like yesterday was, and I don't feel comfortable making the meals like I will next week. it was just strange.

No comments: