Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Festval - now it's appropriate!

That other Holiday Festival was a blast, but it was before Thanksgiving. Come on now. Pullen Park and the City of Raleigh put on a Holiday Festival every year and it can be tough to get tickets. This year we were able to score some for Friday night. Originally we wanted Sunday night, but Friday ended up being 70* and fantastic, while Sunday was 36* and raining.

The most impressive thing was that the city didn't oversell the event! There were some lines for things, but nothing took a really long time to get through. It wasn't crowded at all. insane. The first thing we had to do was ride the train, then get on the Merry-Go-Round


Bigun giving me crazy eyes on the bus ride in

Then this guy put a parrot on her head! I thought I was going to have to kick his ass.

Then we found a snowman and a fairy

All of us riding the train. Of course Evil Genius refused to look at the camera.

until she was absolutely forced to

my focus sucks

On the merry-go-round!



I had to stay with EG. That is the fastest carousel I've ever seen!  After that we went around the rest of the park and played on the playgrounds and did some crafts. They really had a neat setup going, and the kids had a blast! Kelley and I had a fun time too.

Pullen Park has the pool that I swim at most of the time for RAM practices, and the kids love coming down there to play. It's a great place and the city put on a fantastic holiday festival.

No comments: