Monday, December 9, 2013

Paradigm Day 7

Sunday Dec 8 2013
MMNW: 176.4 lbs, 18.4% bodyfat
Breakfast: 1 banana, couple of animal crackers
Lunch: Giant salad - Kale, spinach, peppers, rasins, shrooms, black beans, avo dressing, you name it we threw it in there
Dinner: Oh She Glows vegan chili
PM Workout: strength/yoga
Snack: Chobani blood orange

I woke up too late to eat any breakfast before church, which was really not good.  I had to sing (some solo, some in a trio) with the choir in a big performance. So it was kind of an important morning. I ate a banana at home, then some crackers while I was driving.  Totally starved by the time I got home for lunch! It didn't help that the kids got me to stop for their favorite hot dogs on the way home (which Kelley and I did not partake in). So by the time I made the salads I was famished. ugh.

Evil Genius and I gave Mommy the night off tonight. I found a great recipe online from Oh She Glows, one of the more popular vegan blogs for a chili that looked really good. We had all of the ingredients, almost, and it seemed easy enough to put together. Now, today in Raleigh has a low temp of 35 and a high of 36, and it's supposed to rain all day. My main goal after church was to not have to leave the house again, but I did make a run to the grocery store. But when EG and I got back we cooked dinner for the whole family. It's an Indian Princess thing.

We still cook a separate dinner for the kids than what Kelley and I eat. Being a short order cook is no fun, but they are so incredibly picky we haven't figured out how to get out of it. It does make it easier for us to try something like this Paradigm Diet for a couple of weeks without it having any effect on them, or trying to convince them to eat special vegan stuff.

My legs are really sore today after the 15 miler yesterday, and that hasn't happened in a long time. kind of nice.

First week of this detox/trial is complete, and I'm down 9 lbs and the body fat is down from 22.2% to 18.4%, which is great. I really couldn't be happier with how it's gone so far.  However, the last 3 days I have pretty much stalled out. Weight loss is a side effect, the main point of the diet is to optimize the way the body performs. I do certainly look thinner, and am running faster than I have in a while. But I doubt that 18% bodyfat is really... optimal. I bet it's going to get lower than that.

No comments: