Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finally, a Brick!

Now that Glaven has purchased, or rather stolen or just laid claim to, my soul, I felt compelled to get on a recumbent bike this morning. But I was able to resist because he apparently only skimmed my last post. I was FINALLY able to get in my first brick of the year. I've only been trying to get this workout in for 3 days now, so it's about time. I got on an upright bike like any man with a full-grown penis would do and cranked out 14 miles in about 40 minutes. It was a good ride, but my hamstrings are kind of sore from the Tri Power workouts of late, so I didn't quite spin like I did on Sunday. Still, it was a good ride.

If you don't read Glaven's blog, he bought a recumbent stationary bike a few weeks ago, and we've been voraciously making fun of him for it. Also, he has a legendarily small dick that I like to point and laugh at. and even though he will comment that the last sentence implies that I like his dick, I promise it's only for the humor value. Somebody needs to meat punch him again.

Anyroad, my brick. After finishing the bike I refilled the water bottle and got on the treadmill for a tempo run. I covered 2 miles at a 6.2 speed, then another mile at 6.6. Felt pretty good, but I was definitely underfueled. I'm still trying to figure out the right fuel for these really early morning workouts. Today I was up at 5:30 and in the gym by 6 am. Unfortunately, the morning constitutions kicked in at 3 miles here so I had to call it a workout. I wanted to get in another mile, but time and nature were against me. So I was underfueled and full of shit. Isn't that normally the case?

Still, that was a great workout. And now I've had breakfast and made it down to work on time. The day is coming together nicely. Tomorrow is the end of the week, may it be a blessing to us all. This weekend is going to be great, i'll tell you why tomorrow.

10 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Hey the big interview is today! Keep everything crossed for us (and since I'm not Glaven, by "everything" I mean you know - the usual- fingers and toes!) It's BEAUTIFUL here today and supposed to get BEAUTIFULER this weekend. I have a run and upper body/core workout I am looking forward to! Peace.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

"Anyroad ..."

Unless you're Paul McCartney in A Hard Day's Night, you just stole my bit!1!

But you can't be $ir Paul because what would YOU know about Hard? Unless it's A Hard GAY's Night! You'd be all over that!

Why do you have to be so hurtful, Carolina John? You'll never find a husband with that attitude.

Good job on the brick, NEEDLEDICK!!1!

Amber said...

I like to have a banana with peanut butter before I work out in the morning. It keeps me full through my workout!

Jess said...

Bahahah I am ROFL re: Glaven's comment...also re: his comment about you on my blog.

Anyroad (lol)...nice job on the brick!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i will probably never run a full marathon. i have too much trouble with my knees to risk it. :( i would love to do it, but i need to balance long-term consequences with short-term rewards... know what i mean? it sucks! but luckily i like the half.

B. Kramer said...

I support any effort to poke fun at Glaven. Good job. Oh, and somethingsomething about the workout too.

Wes said...

You guys are too funny... Nice job cranking out the brick! I'm sure you'll be legendary some day in your own needle kinda way :-)

Carly said...

LMAO!

Nice job on the brick workout. I will be back for the results of the cliff hanger.

Ryan said...

Does Glaven have a windshield and a little flag on his recubulator?

There is something seriously wrong with long chain riders. They look like they are kicking the air as they pass by.

Recumbent = Dufus!

Sun Runner said...

According to GQH, his dick, when folded in half, is the span between my hands in this picture.