Friday, March 20, 2009

End of the Week

Apparently I owe you an explanation about the length of the last post. Being a software developer, all I've done for the last 10 years is sit at a desk and write code. Well, that's not exactly true, I used to do pc repair, network setup, cabling, etc too. This has left me able to type around 120 words a minute. I can actually type faster than I can write, so a pen/paper thing has become very frustrating. That also explains any misspeelllings. So a quick post like that one was quick for me to type out (about 20 minutes total) and embarrasingly stream-of-consciousness. I've been all over the place mentally this week with so many ups and downs. I guess that just kind of vomited in bullet points yesterday.

After getting the good news yesterday that my liver was ok, I stopped work a little early to get in a workout. So naturally we all went and hit Moe's for dinner instead, then Target. I was going to take Jenny out for a ride after we got back, but it started raining. I'm so excited she's back and in fine form. no more strange noises, everything is clean and pretty. I also got her some bling bling. Two fresh new water bottles and cages installed, a bag for below the seat to carry stuff with the bike store logo on it, and I had to order a bike computer for it, he's going to call me when it gets here. I also picked up some chamois cream. I love this bike store, Gusto Cycles. It's only about 2 miles from the house and every bike you buy comes with lifetime free maintenance. The service is unbelievable too.

So after we got back from the running around, we put the kids to bed and I hit the gym since it was raining. I bricked 9 miles on the stationary bike in 30 minutes, and 6 miles on the elliptical in 51 minutes. It was a great workout, and I got to watch the tourney games the whole time. It was really nice to get a good sweat on, but I hate that it ran that late into the evening. I got up around 4 am yesterday, and finished the workout and made it home at like 10:15 last night. That's a long day. And my left leg was killing me. The shin thing hurt pretty bad when I was on the elliptical, but my left hip was hurting some too. So I'm ready to be done with this whole pain thing. Gotta call the doc today and schedule that bone scan.

I have to give props to Sarah the Sun Runner. Her Michigan Wolverines sort of stuck it to my Clemson Tigers last night. We gave away a large part of the game, it got really physical with tons of injuries, and one of our best shooters got frustrated, threw an elbow and got tossed. But UM built up and held onto a lead and walked away with the rights to lose to Oklahoma on saturday.

I went 13 - 3 in my bracket yesterday. President Obama went 11 - 5 with his picks. That's all I'm saying. Today I picked Tennesee to beat Oklahoma St and Arizona to beat Utah as my only upsets.

This is my last weekend that is not already planned for a while. The next 6 weekends are booked up! it's nuts. So this weekend I've got to get out in the garden, and get on the bike for some good long rides. This is the last weekend I've got to prep for the Assault on the Carolinas, so I need to get in a good 20 or 30 miles.

I have got a ton of gardening to do. The peppers are germinating nicely in the seed flat. Nothing warms the room like seeing a couple dozen 1" high seedlings. I've got to mulch the berry beds, wire the grape trellis, clear sod from the expanded veg bed, and plant the potatoes. The potatoes really should have been in the ground about 2 weeks ago. There's always weeds to pull, and I need to put some straw or grass clippings over the asparagus patch. I've also got to get the lawnmower into the shop for the spring maintenance.

And if THAT sounds like a busy weekend, you have no idea what's coming up next! Good luck if you're racing. I know Jess has a half marathon, good luck girl! Christine has a 5k... who else is racing?

10 comments:

Wes said...

You vomit at the fingers all you want. I practice the art of speed reading, so I only read the first and last sentence and make up all the stuff in between :-)

The steed is all ready to race, huh! Fantastic!! Get ready to rummmble!!

ha! I only missed two of my pics from yesterday. Not bad for a newbie!!

Have a great weekend!

Marcy said...

Welcome to Moe's! LMAO! Sorry I couldn't help myself. Tell me that they do that in all your Moe's as well. Man, I checked out the nutritional facts on some of their burritos. OMFG crazy!

Amber said...

Ick, that is a long day!

It's good to hear you're getting back into the swing of things working out! I bet you'll be feeling great in no time!

Missy said...

Marcy just ruined my Moes burrito that I'm eating right now - thanks and effen lot!!!

The only team I like more than Michigan State is any team playing against Michigan - sorry about Clemson, I was sad too. Go VOLS!!!

Jess said...

Sorry your Tigers lost! I was pulling for Clemson hardcore! Gotta rep. the ACC (only the best conference ever hah!)

tfh said...

How can I convince my husband he'll enjoy watching the games as much on the bike at the gym as he does on the couch with a beer? Do I need to manufacture a liver scare or something for that to happen?

No, I'm glad yours is ok. Have fun gardening-- I'm envious, because it's been long enough since I had a garden for me to forget what hard work it is.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Stupid f*ckin' college-boy pituitary cases is causin' me tuh miss all mah programs!

Way to brick it, brother! Now get dem bones scanned already.

B. Kramer said...

Congrats on the good liver news.

joyRuN said...

So did it take you 10 minutes to type this out since you didn't have to bullet?

Your garden is starting sound awesome!

Sun Runner said...

Awww...I didn't know you cared! Actually I don't really , either...march madness, march schmadness. Football is where it's at yo. I watched that game last night in a very loud, very smoky bar and even I got excited. I'm sorry your team lost. Ya know, UM will probably bow out in the next round. Oh well!