Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Good clean power

So Greenville is out of gas. We've joined the club. Our one family car has a mostly full tank so I'm not really worried. We're also not going anywhere. It's one of the benefits of working from home, we normally only fill up about twice a month anyway. And we only drive typically going to the grocery store or the gym. Which means the only time we have to drive is if we take the girls with us somewhere or have to carry something back.

So yesterday I wanted to go gas-free. It's 4.1 miles each way to the gym, and that was the only place I had to go. I biked it there, did 45 mins on the elliptical (5 miles, 500 calories) and biked it back home for a nice 13 mile day with no impact on the knees, feet, shins, or environment. That is what I call clean energy. The tree hugger in me was proud.

No comments: