Thursday, July 25, 2013

Here comes the Boom!

I made it through the base phase, and now I'm done training to train.  It's time to train for training HARD!


This was week 24 of my training plan.  The 2 week warmup and 22 week build phase are totally finished off after this.  That's why I took sunday as an additional rest day; the build phase started 7/22 so I grabbed the rest while I could.

The midweek stuff ended up being 100 miles on the bike, 4 miles in the pool, and 13 miles running.  Saturday had the Triangle Triathlon before I took the kids to the pool and Bigun and I volunteered at a Cowboy Shooting event.  They call it Cowboy Mounted Shooting, but whatevs.  It was a great way to finish off a fun week.  I got in 10.75 hours of training on the week.  It was a great way to end the base phase.

This means that the build phase started this past Monday.  I've got a special training plan for my build phase, and it warrants a separate post.  Seriously cool stuff.

After the event, we got our picture taken with one of the cowboys!

We put the kids in horse jail as a joke


Bigun with a horse in the stable

The Kids in the Tribe with a rodeo clown
The third year of the Indian Princess program is all about charitable giving and volunteering.  This event raised over $3000 for the Wounded Warrior Foundation, and we helped by collecting donations at the door and welcoming the guests. It was a really cool event.

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is really cool that the Indian Princess program has a volunteer component. It's really cool and important to teach kids to give back early in life and I bet they had fun doing it!

Good luck with this next phase of training! I can't wait to see how your race day goes!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Indian Princess? That's RACIST!

Alisa said...

Very interesting program for your girls. I think my choices were girl scouts and sports...I chose sports.

Way to put in solid build phase hours. I'm doing well with the biking and swimming and, well, the running is slowly but surely coming along.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Well I am only a month late for the commenting....sorry! Anyway, the rodeo looks like fun! I went to my first one only a few years ago and I actually (surprisingly) had fun!

And I am sure you are way far into your training schedule now, but Damn that's a lot of miles already in the base phase; the build must be crazy!