Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fresh

Last night I got some fresh ink that's going to throw a monkey wrench into the ironman training plan.  Well, actually I had it built into the plan, it took forever to get an appointment with this artist.  But a new tat means no swimming for 2 weeks.  Actually I cancelled my gym membership with the pool a while back, it finally expires tomorrow.  I'm going back to the RAM swim team in march, so I get a few weeks to let this heal and I'll rejoin the team.  On to the pics!

The Angel

Detail of the face & hair. 

One of the wings kicks out onto my back




I love how the layout wraps around to the back of my tricept


I absolutely love it.  Mark VanNess is the artist, he is really incredible.  He drew the initial design freehand, then transferred to a line drawing and started putting in ink.  Then came the shading.  I had to sit for about 3 hours total.  I still can't believe the level of detail he was able to achieve.  It's still healing of course, these pictures are only about 24 hours old. 

We were also supposed to do a cross on my back but ran out of time, so that will come after B2B.  He books up 6 months in advance now.  The angel and the cross are main Christian symbols to me, and I was really looking forward to getting the cross done.  But I can be patient on that one.

8 comments:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I really love the way the wing wraps around to your back! That is a really nice tattoo!

Unknown said...

I dig it.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, he is super talented! It turned out great. That is crazy that he drew that by hand! But holy ouch! 3 hours of sitting still and having needles in my skin? Yowza!

Alisa said...

Beautiful tattoo but OUCH 3 hours...no way I could sit for that long. Actually I'm afraid of needles so tattoos are out for me :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

HAAA!! I confirm I think like a triathlete, my thought process was "That is really cool, but that is at least 2 weeks out of the pool" then read your post.

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

nice tat and boo for snow...ickk

Amber said...

That looks awesome!! The detail really is amazing. I guess it's true about getting addicted to tattoo's hey? Seems like you've gotten quite a few in the last couple of years :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

It looks great!