Mantra: 2015 - Eat Clean & Train Mean
This year needs to be a foundational year for health and fitness. A solid base of clean eating will lead to workouts that are more effective. Make it happen.
Short term goals:
- Marathon swim - race or practice something 10k or longer of solid swimming. Currently the longest I've gone is 5 miles in the water and that was in the Cooper River with the current.
- Distance PR - Currently the farthest I've been able to run was the Pine Mountain 40 in 2012 - 40 miles. Let's exceed that.
- Single 70 mile running week
- Knock 2 more states off of the 50 state list, at least 1 drive to state and one fly-to state
- Run 180 miles in one month
- 6 to 10 marathon or longer races on the year
The target for Umstead is to get 50 miles in the pacer pool. If I can do that, then I'll try to register for the 2016 Umstead 100 as a runner and finally knock the hundo off of the bucket list! I've also got my eye on four different 50 mile races in November, but I am only going to register for 1 of them. In order to train for a 100 mile ultramarathon, you have to respect the distance and that means knocking out "some" 180 mile months. If I get into Umstead 100 that will turn into more than 1, but just to see how my body holds up I'm only setting the goal for 1 month at 180 miles.
On the waterfront, I've got my eyes on the 12 mile Swim Around Charleston, but there is still a pretty strong set of logistics to work out around that one. There's a few other possibilities as well, but I'm going to find a nice long open water race to get into. There are a few other members on the RAM team that want to get in on the action as well.
On the family front, 2015 holds a lot of promise as well. We're all going to Disney World for a week. Evil Genius has her 2nd year spring outing coming up, and Ella's in for a big year too. I think she's up for a swim team and voice lessons.
I'm very excited that 2015 is finally here! What are you working on this year?