Friday, September 26, 2008

Week Update

Well, work caught up to me yesterday. I had one tough problem to figure out that took until maybe 6:30 last night to get it working. Such is the trials of a programmer. Hey, you try to make a vb.net dll to abuse a supplier's xml web service, then consuming it in a Classic ASP page. It's not so easy. I'll give you a hint: you have to make the dll COM visible, use gacutil to publish to assembly, then regasm to load the ddl into the server.

So no running yesterday, but I did get to squeeze in lunch with my friends Nicole and Eric which was wonderful. I hadn't seen either of them in too long, and I'm trying to talk Eric into running the Greenville Tri next year with me. It's just over 6 miles from my house to his by bike, so that could become a good little training route.

Wednesday had me in the gym for 9 miles on the stationary bike in 30 minutes, then 2 miles on the treadmill in 30 mins. I also got in a couple of miles outside on the bike after work. The dreadmill was not my friend on wednesday. I could "feel" my feet in an incredibly uncomfortable way every step. Inside heel to inside ball rolling to the outside of the foot. every step, it was really freaky. I also had some pain in my shins and a little in my right hip. So I walked most of the 2 miles and didn't mind resting yesterday and today. It was still 500 calories together.

Tuesday I did get in a great 700 calorie workout on the elliptical. And I figure as long as I can stay at an hour and burn over 500 calories everything will be ok. Still pushing that weight loss.

On a sad note, one of my uncles (by marriage) passed away on wednesday. He had a heart attack mid day, and we're going to the funeral this afternoon. I had only known Charlie maybe 7 years, but he was a really cool guy to hang out with and he will be missed. My aunt is really torn up about it too, so keep her in your prayers.

This weekend might only provide one run. We're going to visit Wifey's dad, so I'll get to run in some new terrain saturday for a long run. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to try and map out 8 miles and see how far I can make it. If there isn't too much pain, I might try to get in about 4 miles on sunday morning too.

No comments: