Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Descriptive Wednesday

You can also see how much I've changed since Mark put the angel in!

Got to hang out downtown for a while before my appt.

My boy Mark doing work on my arm

First mark drew and added a cross in a stained glass window on my bicep


Mark filling in the half sleeve - top of the shoulder hurts!

background clouds

half sleeve

slightly bloody but you can see the sunburst too

Good view of the full half sleeve.
My boy Mark VanNess at VanNess & Fellows put the angel on my arm a couple of years ago. It takes about 6 months to get an appointment with this guy, but he does amazing tattoo work. We decided to finish out this half sleeve since he did the angel I didn't want anyone else to mess around in there. He put in a sun bursting through the clouds on  top of the shoulder, sun rays shining through clouds around the angel, and the cross in a stained glass window.

I love it. Absolutely love it. I can still pick one more image to go on the inside of the upper arm if I want to dig into the sweet meat there, but that part really hurts. This was done the thursday before the Umstead 100, so I knew I would have a few weeks out of the pool to recover from that. Next week I can swim again, and I'll be poolside with some sweet new ink!

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, you have changed so much since that first angel picture was taken! You are tough to be able to sit for that big of a tattoo! I am kind of a wimp when it comes to needles/pain so I don't know if I could do that!

Abby said...

Awesome. Looks great!