Friday, June 27, 2014

Another Birthday!

This week my sweet Ella turned 9 years old. This scares the shit out of me, because I know 10 is going to start that tween attitude. And right now she's just 'honey dripping onto birthday cake' sweet and loves nothing more than spending time with her Daddy. And that's how I like it. She's grown into an easy going, laid back gal that is always up for anything that comes her way. She got my good looks and sense of humor, and her sarcasm and joke phrasing skills are really starting to develop. It is so much fun to watch her grow, and scary to think that it's only going to be another 9 years before she's off to college.

My shot with the birthday girl

Evil Genius had to get some of that action too

EG also got a birthday card

She loved this card! it played music and danced.

yes, she opened presents in roller skates.
She got monster movies, a Sims game, some Wii Infinity characters. it's a far cry from the barbie dolls she used to get! After that we went to Golden Corral to strap on a feed bag, then had more birthday cake at home! I'm not going to need to eat again until Sunday. Good thing I've got all of that ironman training to metabolize all of that processed crap food.

I am very happy that my little girl is not so little anymore, and very proud of the young person she is growing into. We are looking forward to having many adventures together this year!

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, she is so pretty! I am glad that she had an awesome birthday! And I love that she has roller skates. I hope you can stay cool as her dad for as long as possible. I feel like I never really got sick of or annoyed by my dad so you might be able to avoid that. My mom on the other hand? Oh boy. Anyways, happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Unknown said...

What a fun age.
All my summer school kids (Advanced Math & Technology through Sports) are 9 and I may keep a couple of them.