Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday's Wordless Struggle

There are no words.  I can't imagine.  I am left totally speechless.

There is a girl that sits in front of me during choir practice at the church who recently gave birth to twins - a boy and a girl. The boy was larger and mostly healthy, but consistent with a twin born early and only about 3 lbs. The girl was born at 1 lb 6 oz and with Down's Syndrome. Last week they turned 3 months old, and had both been growing well, out of the NICU and living at home. We got a good picture of the girl a couple of Sunday's ago with my kids after the Sunday service where we baptized 18 people.

Yesterday that sweet little girl passed away. No parent should ever outlive a child. But to have her for 3 months means you get attached. You share that love and then it gets taken away. You have a house full of twin stuff and double strollers that will now only be for one.


You still have a healthy baby boy. You still have a church family and a choir family that will share the burden and immerse you in Christian love. My heart is absolutely shattered for her and I'm having a tough time not crying in my cubicle today. There are no words to comfort that situation.

3 comments:

Amber said...

So so sad. Sending my thoughts to that family.

Unknown said...

I can't even begin to comprehend the pain that family must be experiencing :-(

Alisa said...

So sad! Death is never a good thing but when it's a child or infant it is even more heartbreaking!