Friday, January 30, 2009

A little Change

I got the registration processed for the Greenville Sprint today, so that one is definitely on. I am changing one race on my schedule, though. I'm going to skip the Langley Pond tri on April 25th in favor of the Festival of Flowers on June 7th. This will push the date of my first International distance tri by several weeks. I'm getting a little scared of the 1500 m swim part the closer it gets. I'm not worried about the 24 mile bike or 10k run parts. But the April 25th Langley Pond would only leave me 8 weeks after the marathon to get my swim endurance up from less than 100m abilities now to 1500m, and that seems a little difficult. So I think it's a safe move.

I would also like to know if anyone has ever been involved with FS Series. It's a tri production company out of Raleigh. I think I might add the Triangle Orthopaedic Sprint tri April 19th, so I can still get a tri race in april. It seems like these FS guys are pretty decent, and they put on some good looking events. Plus that will be a good time for us to have a weekend in Raleigh with Wifey's dad.

Have a great weekend! My right knee is hurting again today, so I'll see how far into that 12 mile run I can get tomorrow with the brace on. Also happy birthday to my brother Michael, who turned 32 yesterday.

5 comments:

Alisa said...

Hope the knee feels better soon!

Sarah said...

I think I need one of those Chopat thingamajigs. I've got runner's knee (or what I believe to be runner's knee). Pressure on the center of the kneecap and I can feel the clicking when I straighten my leg. Hmph. If it's not one thing, it's another!

RBR said...

I hope the knee is better,but I wouldn't push it on the 23 miler. You have your mileage in. Better to rest it and let it heal and be able to do the marathon. Have a great weekend!

RBR said...

Ok, I am smoking crack. That was supposed to say 12 miler. I am not sure how I typed 23 instead of 12.

hebba said...

Oh, I am so jealous of outdoor training right now! It's cold, snowy, wet, and muddy here. All my training is indoors until it get a little more friendly out there!