Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Secondary

The joint pain feels pretty good. We've had some amazing weather here in NC. I haven't started physical therapy yet just because I've been unable to get an appointment. Saturday is the Myrtle Beach half marathon, I'm looking forward to running for the first time since January. Monday is my follow up appointment with the orthopedist, then Tuesday is the first physical therapy appointment. It should be an appropriate recovery from attempting to run my first 13.1 miles since mid-January.

Swim: 16,400 yards, 6 swims
Bike: 28.4 miles, 3 rides
Run: 0
Strength: 4 times
Yoga: 1 time

February started off pretty decent, but before too long the total body inflammation kicked in. that was really rough. Remember like 3 years ago when I could workout 14 times a week? yeah, now I got in 14 workouts on the month. I'm getting used to this much rest, and can understand why fatties are such a fan of being lazy. I think I got my nutrition under control too, I've been vegan for a couple of weeks now but it's not having the same benefits that it did a few years ago.

I've been hanging upside down some and I think it's really helping. Literally, I picked up some gravity boots from Amazon and have been hanging from the iron gym. It's awesome. Really helps my back and knees feel better.



Other Fun Family Stuff
After last month's drone experiment the kids loved playing with my old radio controlled car. We're having a blast. We also got in some fun date nights, and Evil Genius had a science fair project due.


Ella left me a sweet note asking to go play with the car


I like to repeat the joke

On a Habitat for Humanities project with the team from work!


My whole team joined up for a day of Build a Block. It was great fun and really built some comraderie. So nice that our company gives us two days a year to volunteer!

Hope you had a great February too! The second(ary) month of the year is always short, sometimes leaves me sick, but this year also had some fun.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope the joint pain subsides completely soon. That is a total pain (literally). Looks like you still had a great month, all things considered! February flew by for me. I didn't travel for work, which was nice, but we went to San Diego for a long weekend and then when we got back it seemed like the wedding to do's really started to accelerate. I feel good about the progress we made, though! And I started going to barre class, which I am really enjoying.