Thursday, November 6, 2014

The New Outdoors

Leave it to Evil Genius. She has actually found a way to redefine "outside". Recently she's been getting more paranoid about spiders and bugs, so we apparently found what she was looking for in a Bass Pro Shop that opened recently in Cary. This place is huge, and as far as giant specialty retail stores go this one is really on top of the game.  They loved all of the food products and toys, but when we made our way to the back of the store they went absolutely nuts.

The aquarium was about 10' tall, plus the waterfall going down into it

Kelley is getting attacked by a stuffed bear!

Ella isn't scared of the bear

that's as close as she would come to the head
some of the fish in that aquarium were huge! It has several striped bass that were over 18" long. So EG's favorite version of the outdoors is actually indoors. There are taxidermied animals throughout the store, and of course all of the hunting and fishing supplies you could hope for. They had a blast, and all we ended up buying was a couple of moon pies.

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ha, that looks like an awesome little family outing. It reminds me of the first time I visited a Cabela's store with my grandparents when I was 12. I was in awe of all the taxidermy stuff, I took a lot of pictures on my camera. I was such a dork!

Abby said...

An aquarium in a store. Amazing!

Tea said...

haha! I love the bear pics!