- Today is my last day at this current job. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had here and proud of the work I did for my clients
- I know that's not a new beginning, but Monday I get started at IBM and I'm thankful for that fresh start
- Ultra training is certainly a new start. I have my plan worked out and it is exciting! It may only be exciting to me, but it's going to be a wild ride
- Trail running - I've done some trails before, but regularly getting into the woods for ultra training is a new thing for me. It's new to me, and I'm loving it and thankful that I can run from my house to the trails at Umstead state park
- Trail Shoes - I never thought too much about hitting gravel in my road shoes, but it felt like running on clouds with that rock plate in the midsole. I was really shocked at how comfortable that was.
- I'm thankful that it is finally autumn. Monday it's only supposed to get up to 79* here, and I always appreciate the 2 weeks of fall we get before winter sets in. I still think there are some more 90* days to come, but we're at least starting to see cracks in this summer heat.
- That means more outside running and bike riding. Since I'll be funemployed friday saturday sunday this weekend I'm really hoping to get in a good long bike ride around Jordan Lake and another good trail run in Umstead. The bike route is familiar, but the distance and regularity is a new thing. And it makes me thankful for the part of the state (and city) that we live in.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
There are a lot of new beginnings that I am very thankful for today and I wanted to share them in bullet form: