Friday, May 29, 2009

Wild times ahead

Last night was a crappy brick. I was in a crappy mood all day long, and it transferred into the workout which is a real bummer. I workout to erase a bad mood, not to extend it. So the hope was to do some kind of 10/10 brick. 10 miles on the bike followed by either a 10 mile run or a 10 k run. I left the resistance turned up on the bike to increase the difficulty, and it was great. I've been missing hill work on the bike lately, which scares me. Then I made it to the run with a strange new pain in my right hip. Not a pain really as much as an irritation. Once I got into a rhythm it kind of eased up a bit but never really went away. So I only went 2 miles on the mill. I was already kind of hungry and in a bad mood anyway, so I went home to eat and catch up on TiVo.



Big Weekend



This weekend is going to be a blast. On sunday, Evil Genius turns 2 years old. We're having a party on saturday because lots of people are coming into town for it. Kelley's mom is already here helping us get ready. Tonight, her sister and our neice are coming in from their charlotte suburb, and I think her dad is coming into town tonight from Raleigh. He might wait until tomorrow morning to leave out, you never know. But 4 people staying overnight with us is going to be challenging and fun.



Plus my cousin Ben and his wife and new baby are coming, I haven't seen the new baby since he left the hospital 12 weeks ago. So that's going to be great. And of course the rest of my in-town family will be here. As a 2 year old, she will barely know what is going on. And I'm sure bigun is going to want to horn in like it's her birthday party too. But EG said she wanted cupcakes (yep, that's my daughter), and we doing some other sandwich things for a lunch party. I don't know what kind of games you can really play with only 3 kids there but I am sure we will all have lots of fun.



So this weekend is the birthday party, and next weekend is the Festival of Flowers oly tri. then the weekend after that is the hillbilly marathon. Boy, it's all coming up so quickly!



My training this weekend has to include a 13 mile run. I also want to get in some time on Jenny riding the hills around my house. It has rained for 9 days straight here, and always in the evening if not all day long. So I'm really missing my Jenny time. And I think it's gotten warm enough now to get in the backyard pool at my parent's house. So I might even get in a swim.



Friday's Leftovers



wherein i tell you about all the other random crap i forgot to mention before



Something funny happened on my 20 mile run last weekend. I was looking around the tv for something interesting to watch, I stumbled across a vh1 countdown of the 100 greated 80's tunes. I hate 80's music but chose to watch it because I knew the damn countdown would be on that treadmill longer than I would. you know, those thing go on for like 5 hours. I saw it from song 100 and counted down to song 32. It was almost like running to music. and i did finish first.



After the 20 mile run I had some Recoverite and a protein bar. Then once I got back home I made a monkey shake with frozen berries, a banana, peanut butter, and some milk. Chris from 1010 Wellness found the blog and sent me some monkey shake! This stuff was awesome. It really got me feeling better fast. You can buy it from his site if you want to give it a try. I'm hooked on this stuff.



Have a great weekend! Good luck if you're racing. I know the San Diego marathon is this weekend, and Alisa is running that one. I'll be sure and post plenty of pics from the birthday party on monday!

12 comments:

Wes said...

Have a great weekend... and Happy Birthday to Evil Genius...

carrie said...

Happy Partying!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday EG!! Sounds like a fun/busy weekend ahead!

I still can't believe you ran 20 miles on a treadmill. The thought makes me shudder!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Happy birthday, evil genius.

All of humanity should get a do-over for the music of the '80s because it all pretty much sucked

Jess said...

Happy birthday to Evil Genius! I hope you have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Oh kid birthday parties are so much fun! Enjoy :) And hopefully your bad mood doesn't return for some time!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, have an excellent weekend! Hope the next workout is a better one :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Evil Genius! Sounds like you guys are having a great weekend. Excellent job on the 20 miler!!

shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

Can't wait to hear about the paarrrtayyy! 20 miles on the treadmill? that is insane. kudos ;)

joyRuN said...

Can't wait to hear about this party!

OMG - 20 miles on the mill. INSANE!!!

Marcy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the kiddo! Did you survive? OMG that sounds like it was (going to be) one heck of a weekend!

Alisa said...

Aww thanks for the shout out I'm just catching up on blogs!

Happy birthday to your little munchkin, she's so cute.