Monday, October 5, 2020

Well Recovery

 I had the back surgery 3 weeks ago, a microdiscectomy to remove a chunk of disc between the L5/S1 vertebrae. As predicted, as soon as that chunk of disc was removed the pressure came off of that nerve and the pain went away! This is very good! I still have a noticeable muscle atrophy in my left calf, and I can't bend over or lift more than 10 lbs, so this is still a bit frustrating. 

The good news is that I finally finished grad school! Actually the last day of class is Oct 11 and they will mail me the diploma in December, but I finished all of the coursework. My shiny new degree is an MBA in Finance and I'm graduating cum laude (I finished undergrad thankya laude)

So now I feel good and have lots more free time but still can't do anything. It is what it is, I guess!

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I've been wondering how you are doing! The bending and lifting restriction is tough. 10 pounds is not much! but I am glad the recovery is going well and you have pain relief. Hooray! Fingers crossed you continue to feel better every day so you can get back to doing the things you love!