Saturday, October 3, 2015

Septembers Relief

I was so glad to see the summer heat finally go away last month. It seems like September flew by!

Swim: 43,700 yards, 9 swims, 1 race
Bike: 0
Run: 66.5 miles
Strength: once
Yoga: 10 days

About half of that swim volume came from the Swim Around Charleston (19.8k), and the other numbers are so low because of the taper for that race. I was expecting to see more miles running, but that's ok. There are many more miles to come.  I did enjoy a real resurgence of my yoga practice towards the end of the month.

Overall September was a really cool month. The garden is wrapping up it's very pitiful season, and cooler weather seems to be here now. College Football is back and Big Brother wrapped up for the year (Go Steve!). The month ended by kicking off my Fall Stupidity Challenge. Up next is a full marathon in Minnesota this weekend! I can't wait to get up to Minneapolis to visit with Lisa and knock out this marathon. Looking forward to a beautiful course and seeing part of the country that I've always wanted to see!

Here are some other random pictures of things from September

Those tomato plants should be 20 ft long like they were last year

pitiful

at least I got a good Jalepeno

practically bare!

Evil Genius

EG with a flag!

Playing dressup with Cousin T

Human Joy Factory

Ella painted this

Have glasses, back in the office after the marathon swim

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was so great to host you this weekend! Congrats on finishing your 16th marathon! You did so great, especially considering you did a 12 mile swim last weekend!! That is crazy that your garden was such a bust this year!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Man, I can't believe you did a TWELVE mile swim! You are like superman, in my book. I am glad that you had a good time with Lisa and am sorry that your garden was so puny this year! My tomatoes looked fabulous; they were huge and green, and then one of them only put out flowers, no fruit! I kept waiting and waiting and finally I chopped it down, because it was using up the water that I needed for my other child bearing tomatoes! :)

Abby said...

So 12 mile swim followed by marathon... what else in in this stupidity challenge???