Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fall is Eminent

Well folks we've made it through another hell month of August. This one was pretty wild, had some serious heat down here in the deep south, but we've gotten a bit of the teaser time too. Last week or so have seen some high's in the low 80's instead of the dismal 90's, and it has actually been pleasant sometimes! This, of course, means that the tease will end and we're going to get another heat wave before Glorious Autumn actually arrives.

Swim: 52,500 yards, 15 swims, 1 race
Bike: 40 miles, 2 rides, 1 race
Run: 127.1 miles, 14 runs, 1 race
Strength: goose egg
Yoga: 8 times

Finally happened! 52,500 yards of swimming finally beats out the 51,300 personal distance record I've hit twice this year. Really hitting the pool hard this month is paying off. The speed is there, the endurance is there, my confidence is building for the big 12 mile open water swim at the end of this month. 127 miles of running is really cool too, that is a much higher number than I was expecting. Marathon training is in full swing.

It's also interesting to note that I didn't weigh myself during the month at all. I figured it would be time to lay off of the strength training, as much as I love it my arms and shoulders are really already really solid from all of the time in the water. I'm eating as much as I can possibly shove in my face, but it doesn't seem to be quite as much as I had to eat during Ironman training last year. My pants all still fit. All of the stuff that should naturally be ok, is actually ok. and that's pretty cool.

The strangest part is knowing that last September was my last Ironman. Being a full year removed from the training doesn't feel right, like I don't want to admit it has really been that long. One whole year removed from Ironman. let that sink in for a minute.

All in all, I'm glad August is behind us and September is front and center. Come on Autumn! Some other random pics from July:

Evil Genius loves her red sparkly shoes

Daddy does too

Pretty much the entire harvest from the garden this year

Ella grew a watermelon this year!

Proud of her harvest

3 comments:

Abby said...

I am not so sure fall is on its way here in Charleston, but boy am I hoping.

Karen said...

We had a tease with the fall weather last week but then it went back to blazing hot again. Maybe soon we will get some more fall like weather for good! You have been killing the swimming lately. Nice job :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

We had fall for a good week of August and I was not happy about it because summer is so short in MN! But it has been hot and steamy this last weekend. Here in Canada it's been cool though as its in the 40s in the morning but it's nice for running and being active. You put in a solid month in August! I was happy with my mileage but disappointed with how little strength training I did so hopefully that will start to improve now that I am not triathlon training.