Sunday, June 9, 2013

To The End

of the month of May, that's all. Here's what happened:
 

This was the week leading up to Memorial day weekend when we were camping.  I took the normal friday rest day, Saturday and Sunday were at the campsite.  Normal midweek stuff made up the entirety of my training that week.  It's week 16 of ironman training, base week 14 in the plan.  Totalled 1 swim, almost 2 miles, 3 bike rides, 45 miles, and 2 runs, 10.5 miles.  Solid midweek, no long stuff.


Hey, there's the long stuff! Monday was memorial day, I nailed a 50 mile brick (43 mile bike, 7 mile run).  Got in a few things midweek but thursday night I got caught up in some family stuff and skipped the planned swim practice.  Friday and Saturday were all resting up for Ironman Raleigh 70.3!  IM Raleigh was a really tough race, I finished in 6:10:41, and I'm still working on the race report.  Totals for this week are 1 swim for 1.2 miles, 3 bike rides 119 miles, and 3 runs for 25.1 miles.

May Totals:
Swim: 16,600 meters, 5 swims
Bike: 427 miles, 17 rides
Run: 64.5 miles, 11 runs
Strength: 3 workouts
Yoga: 5 times

I really missed a lot of swims.  Nothing after the 21st of the month.  and I missed a bunch in the middle.  Should have been closer to 12 swims.  Hope that doesn't come back to haunt me in the swim at IM Raleigh (hint hint wink wink).  I really nailed the bike miles.  and that's a decent amount of running.  So a pretty good month all around.

Evil Genius turns 6!
The 31st was a special day, as our little EG had her 6th birthday. She's quite the growing child these days, and got a few neat things including this
a fancy dress!

a ton of presents!
She had a big time for her birthday.  We are planning a duel party for the kids this year; one big bash in the middle of both kids birthdays.  Here's the rub.  EG got to pick where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner, and she chose McDonalds.


cool panarama shot.  Obviously TV is winning the influence game on her. No matter how much we try and push the "McDonalds is evil and we don't eat there ever" thing we had to cave in on her birthday.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich, and it was a flat and very fatty chicken breast.  I thought I was going to puke afterwards.  How do you screw up a grilled chicken breast?  awful.  EG gets a kids meal with a cheeseburger that has no meat and no condiments.  so it's just cheese and bread with fries and a toy.  she loves it.  I'm just glad she made it to 6.

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh man, you know you really love your kids when you are willing to eat at McD's when that is what they really want... Good thing it only has to happen on special days like her birthday! I can't believe she is already 6 - she is getting so big!

I just started swimming and have been swimming 1,000 yards when I go, which feels like a lot. Then I think of how far you swim during your workouts and am just amazed!

B.o.B. said...

Lol! Hilarious. EG is a girl after my own heart.

Karen said...

EG is way too cute! My sister used to love to go to Burger King and get a burger with mayo only. So gross. We still tease her about that. You had some serious riding the last week in May there - nice job :)